Worcester Bosch bolier low pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 7 year old Worcester Bosch boiler (not combi). I have recently bleed radiator which has meant a loss of pressure meaning that the hot water now won't heat up. I looked up various YouTube videos and mine doesn't have the have the same filling mechanism as all of the videos watched. Some have the plastic key, others have the blue lever. Mine has a what appears to be a right angled valve joining copper pipes to the pipework in the boiler. These have a square nut with a screwdriver slot aligned parallel to the pipe. At the back of this an irregular shaped black piece of plastic which doesn't seem to be connected to anything I can only think it limits turning of valve to 90 degrees.
Bolier 2.jpg

I have 3 pipes connected (Left to right on image if you can see it)
A - Radiator Icon with Arrow Up
B - Tap Icon with Arrow Down
C - Tap icon with Arrow Up

I am thinking that the square nut on the valve is the thing I would need to turn in order to feed water into the sys tem? If anyone knows in which order for opening closing these valves B & C?

Any help and advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Leave these valves well alone.

Look for a silvery braided flexible pipe in your airing cupboard.

Those pipes are flow and return and the gas pipe. Are you sure you have a loss of pressure? If so a small per @polesapart look for a braided hose, or indeed x2 valves with caps fitted.

Thanks both. I have found the braided pipe with valves at either end in the airing cupboard. There is also a pressure gauge here too. The braided hose joins two pipes - the first pipe (A) also has a shut off valve on this pipe below the braded pipe (coming up from the boiler) and the other end of the braided pipe joins a pipe (B) which has the gauge. Am I right in thinking open the valve on (A) followed by (B) when pressure gets above 1 close (B) followed by (A).

Sponsored Links
Thanks - I have done this and pressure is at about 1.2. The same reading is showing on the gauge on the boiler too. I'll monitor this when the water is heating up to check if it rises by more than 1 bar.

Thanks once again for everyone helpful advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back