Gloworm Bolier Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with the pressure on my Gloworm bolier (just over two years old)

The correct pressure is supposed to be 1.0 bar. The pressure slowly dipped (over period of 6 months) to 0.5bar and on Saturday stopped working. The blue valve under bolier to allow water back into the system wouldnt work during that 6 month period and I assumed it was because the system had to fault before it would allow you to top the system up. However, when it broke the blue valve still didnt work (turning it allowed no water in system). I got a local chap to come and see it and he said it was because the valve had ceased up and probably needed replacing. He got the pressure back to 1 bar but within an hour of him leaving it went all way up to 3.0 bar, but still worked and flashed to say the
pressure was wrong. He then came back drained the system and got it
back to 1.1bar but it has now slowly dropped to 0.9bar and probably on
its way to breaking again!

I am waiting for him to come back to replace the valve but am worried something else is at fault as well as this valve as the pressure is behaving eratically.

Sponsored Links
Probably leaky prv due to high pressure as well. Tie sandwich bag over the outlet pipe and see if it catches water

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back