worcester 28i junior - keeps going off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

my parents have a worcester 28i junior that was installed back in 2004. It has started playing up.

unexpectedly, the boiler will not provide heating or hotwater. This can happen 2 or 3 times an hour and is getting worse. When looking at the boiler there is no lights at all but i can hear the fan running constanly. it will stay like this until i switch the boiler off and on a couple of times waiting approx 30 secounds in between, eventually it will fire up

does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?? your help would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
just had my mate around who is gas safe registered and we had a play about with the boiler. he is great at fitting new boilers but not so great at identifying problems on existing boilers :cry:

anyway, i had a little play while he was here and the only thing i can tell u is the boiler fires first time round and stay on when the cover to the heating chamber is removed. if the cover is left on, the boiler continually tries to fire, it does this 3 or 4 times and then locks out.

anyone have any more ideas while he is here with me. greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
can anyone please offer me some advice?? i got even worse now. wont even stay on for 15 mins without the boiler going off.

please i would really appreciate it

can anyone please offer me some advice?? i got even worse now. wont even stay on for 15 mins without the boiler going off.

please i would really appreciate it

as already stated not much you can do without being gsr.

and i dont think your mate would be able to do the checks anyway.

bite the bullet and call some1,it may only require a good service

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back