worcester 28i junior, wont fire up!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

could u please offer me some advice please.

my mum has a worcester 28i junior, she notice the heating had not come on so went to check the boiler. she noticed that the fault indicator light was flashing (once a secound), and the pressure had dropped. She turned the boiler off.

i came down to have a look at it and all that was needed was for one of the unions on the CH pump needed tigtening up. I tightened it up, refill central heating system to 1.5 bar with all radiators bleeded. I also bled the pump. went to switch boiler on and nothing!!

The boiler does not try to do anything, its completely silent! no tick like a gas valve has opened or anthing like that. only thing that happens after about 5-10 secounds is the fault indicator starts to flash (again once a secound), holding the reset button in for 5 secs as per MI does nothing, just starts flashing again. any ideas guys?? please help as my mum is elderly and now she has a cold house an no hot water. The PCB was only replaced on this boiler approx a year and a half ago

Sponsored Links
usual fault for this would be the fan. but without really seeing and testing, its a guess. but been to quite a few with them symptoms. usually refer wb fixed price repair for this fix, due to fan cost alone. etc. plus an indipendant would need use of a flue gas analyser to change one of these.

thanx guys, keep your ideas coming.

total understand what your saying about the fixed price repair which im now considering, i just dont want to get them out, spend the money only to find it was something stupid that wouldnt of cost me anything or just a few quid.

anyone tell me a few points that I can test with my multimeter to see if there is power getting to the right places. appreciate your help

Sponsored Links
Even if he chose not to check the boiler performance with an FGA its still needs a registered engineer to change the fan.

Since when do you need an FGA to change the fan on this boiler ?

since the op has'nt mentioned it is or not a greenstar. which would require an fga being a premix burner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back