Worcester 28i - no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys

I have a Worcester 28i central heating system.

Yesterday I came home to find the house was freezing with no central heating and no hot water. It had been left on while I was out in full working order so its not as if I had manually done something to trigger a fault.

• It powers on
  • There is a red LED indicator to say its powered on
  • There is no noise other than the timer clicking for around 5 seconds when its powered on, then it sounds as if its trying to ignite at which point it makes a bit of a rumble but not the normal rumble it used to make which would be the gas ignition.
  • the pressure is at 1.5
  • I've bled all radiators (3 radiators had air in them but fine now)
  • When I turn the hot tap on there is a clicking noise that clicks once, I think this is the spark maybe. If im right in saying its as if its trying to spark but doesn't ignite hence no big rumble noise.
  • Im unable to re/de-pressurise the system above or below 1.5 as when I repeat the pressuring method it doesnt budge. Whether this is because it is already fully pressurised I don't know, but just thought Id mention.
  • Our gas fire and cooker work fine

Can anyone help. I'm happy to try out any suggestions.

Whoever can lead me to a resolution is a hero.

Sponsored Links
Never bleed rads to try to cure a fault.

Thats likely to create another.

Your pressure gauge may be stuck.

You may need to call someone out so the earlier you join the queue the better!

Tony

Your pressure gauge may be stuck.

Tony
If it is, how can I check to see if it is and how can I fix

Also, should the pressure gage * ALWAYS * move in some way when you open the valves, even if its already been done.

hi I had the same problem and to prove the valve was not stuck I bled the radiator and it reduced to below 1 I just followed the repressurizing instructions in the manual and as soon as it was above 1.5 it relit and has had no problems since :
Mick

Sponsored Links
I have the cdi 42 and my condensation pipe froze up, just got it thawed out and is now lagged. might be worth checking.

which 28 i is it? is it the 28i, 28i junior standard efficiency or a condensing type!?!

do you get hot water?

what timer stat have you got!?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back