Worcester 28i rsf combi not working!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
woke up this morning with no power at my boiler, no red led light.

It was working throughout the night, tried switching on and off, checked the fuses which seem fine.

Any one any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
image.jpg

Just above the jubilee pipe started to leak, its never done that before.

Anyone any ideas?

Been told at least 24 hours before i even get an appointment time, got a 1 year old also which is not good with no heating.

The big pipe is the flue to outside, see if snow build up on outside. The electric supply to boiler ,is it a standard 3 pin plug into wall socket ,or cable from boiler going Into a switch on wall ,with a fuse in it ( called a fused connection unit ). The water at top of boiler may or may not be related to dead electrics. And tripped switches or blown fuses at main electric fuse board / consumer unit ?

The big pipe is the flue to outside, see if snow build up on outside. The electric supply to boiler ,is it a standard 3 pin plug into wall socket ,or cable from boiler going Into a switch on wall ,with a fuse in it ( called a fused connection unit ). The water at top of boiler may or may not be related to dead electrics. And tripped switches or blown fuses at main electric fuse board / consumer unit ?
Its a hard wired cable into the wall with a switch on it, with a fuse. Im presuming its fine at the switch as when i turn it on the timer (located just outside the boiler cupboard) switches on fine. im heading out so il see if i can see the outside of the flue (im 4up).

All mainboard fuses are fine/untripped.

Ive also had both fuses out of the boiler circuit board, both 3 amp and both filaments seemed intact.

Have you got any means of confirming this ie multimeter neon screwdriver etc
I have both in my car, it says on back of circuit board to isolate from mains so didnt want to be poking about with it live as i dont know much about household electrics. Im a mechanic so im familiar with 12 volt systems but not 240.

Checked outside and the flue pipe as well as the pressure relief valve pipe are frozen over, would this somehow cause an electric problem?

Yes very likely that water gets on the fan or such like and trips the boiler electrics. You need to confirm if there is power into boiler and check the continuity of main pcb fuse (the white one ) ( this can be done with power off) if you are lucky there will be a spare fuse in the plastic block you unscrew. As worcester are kind enough to provide spares. Tbh without sounding rude you sound a bit out of your depth tackling this sometimes its easier to plug a couple of fan heaters in and wait it out

Engineer has just left, he told me its the circuit board at fault, need to wait till tomorrow to see if im covered for it, but regardless it will be next Monday or Tuesday before it could be fixed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back