Worcester 30CDi boiler not coming on for hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I've got a Worcester 30CDi conventional boiler and a Megaflo tank. I've had the heating off since May with the hot water timer coming on twice a day. Everything has been working well with the system since it was installed 2.5 years ago.
The water was only lukewarm last night and this morning there was no hot water at all. I've put the hot water on continuous now but the boiler is not firing up. When I switch the central heating to continuous the boiler does fire up.
I have reset the boiler but it hasn't made any difference.
I am assuming that the Siemens timer/control isn't communicating with the boiler for the hot water setting. Is this right? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Seems like it was the motorised part of the valve and the spindly part was sticking as well, so new valve being put in.

Thought that I had already replied to you telling you the MV may be faulty!

Tony

I see that I did reply to you.

But on another forum!

There is little point in doing that because its mostly the same experts who reply anyway!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Yes thanks for that... couldn't have fixed it myself though as don't have the knowledge.
Posted on the other forum as didn't get a response over here.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back