Worcester 30CDi Combi - Fault (no power) - Please Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys and girls, I'm writing to request any guidance in solving a fault with my boiler.

The boiler:
Worcester 30CDi Combi

The problem:
No power to the boiler whatsoever - the boiler light's not coming on.

The symptoms:
Both the hot water system and heating system are dead out.

Is there anything we can do?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Lack of electricity, Check fuse in the switched spur, check if you have 240v at boiler

If you do have 230V between the spur and the board, but still no joy, check the boiler fuse.
Spur fuse should be 3A, the small glass boiler fuse must be replaced by exactly the same value, and make sure it normal or slow as required.

Thanks guys. Sadly, I have very very basic knowledge and understanding of boilers. Could you describe the following terms for me, please:

'Switched spur'
'Board'

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. Sadly, I have very very basic knowledge and understanding of boilers. Could you describe the following terms for me, please:

'Switched spur'
'Board'

Switched Spur - is usually where the Boiler is fed from ie follow the White Power Flex from the Boiler to its source , If it has a Switch with a slot next to it , it`s usually a Fuse underneath , use a screwdriver to prise it open and cahnge the Fuse ... MUST be 3 amp or use 13amp for a TEMPORARY fix

Board - Fuse Board or Consumer Unt - a lot of Boilers will be fed by a dedicated Circuit - check Circuit Breaker has`nt tripped - reset or Fuse has blown - rewire Fuse

Good luck Fella

Lucky

'Switched spur'
'Board'

Switched Spur - is usually where the Boiler is fed from ie follow the White Power Flex from the Boiler to its source , If it has a Switch with a slot next to it , it`s usually a Fuse underneath , use a screwdriver to prise it open and cahnge the Fuse ... MUST be 3 amp or use 13amp for a TEMPORARY fix

Board - Fuse Board or Consumer Unt - a lot of Boilers will be fed by a dedicated Circuit - check Circuit Breaker has`nt tripped - reset or Fuse has blown - rewire Fuse

Good luck Fella

Lucky

Bad advice, 13 amp should NEVER be used.

it`s usually a Fuse underneath , use a screwdriver to prise it open and cahnge the Fuse ... MUST be 3 amp or use 13amp for a TEMPORARY fix
Whilst I'm sure you mean well, this is extremely bad advice. The fault condition may manifest itself as an overcurrent of 10A which could easily start a fire without tripping the overrated fuse. An uncontrolled fire is the last thing you want at the best of times, nevermind inside a gas appliance.

Many boilers have spare (correctly rated) fuses stored inside the boiler - I think the WB may well be one of these.

Mathew

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back