Worcester 30CDI

If the boiler is a conventional boiler he will be better of with a 2 channel clock and a wireless stat

Sponsored Links
Hi guys further to my previous questions I have discovered another possible worry with my new installation.

I find the installation instructions for the 30CDI conventional boiler state that the house gas feed pipework should not be a lower size than the input connection.

My house is about 54 years old and the gas pipe feed is lead about 15 mm, but the boiler gas input is 22mm, and the way the pipe is embedded into the very core of the house makes any thought of renewing it very expensive and physically daunting.

My question is what would / could happen if the boiler was installed under this condition, and does it concern safety, efficiency, or both because the actual work required to run a new replacement 22 mm pipe from meter to boiler would probably cost more than the boiler.

I fully appreciate that you guys are dedicated professionals, and adhere strictly to the unbendable rules, but please let me know if the job goes ahead as described, it will, or not be a disaster.

Regards Ravel

Depending how far the meter is away you may even have to go up to 28mm.

The 15mm pipe would 'starve' the boiler of gas so at best it would not run efficiently and at worst not work at all.

As all boilers now have to be notified to corgi I doubt any legitimate installer would fit it to this 15mm pipe.

Worcester would not honour the warranty if there was a combustion problem either.

gas4you said:

The 15mm pipe would 'starve' the boiler of gas so at best it would not run efficiently and at worst not work at all.

As all boilers now have to be notified to corgi I doubt any legitimate installer would fit it to this 15mm pipe.

Worcester would not honour the warranty if there was a combustion problem either.

Thank you gas4you for you frankness, and this basically means no new boiler for me, and because for the past 20 years my non condensing boiler has worked perfectly with the small diameter pipe, it's now going to have to continue because there's no way I can have the house wrecked fitting a new pipe.

The new boiler is still sealed in it's box, and hoping the supplier will take it back for a refund.

Regards Ravel

Sponsored Links
Ravel said:
gas4you said:

Thank you gas4you for your frankness, and this basically means no new boiler for me, and because for the past 20 years my non condensing boiler has worked perfectly with the small diameter pipe, it's now going to have to continue because there's no way I can have the house wrecked fitting a new pipe.

The new boiler is still sealed in it's box, and hoping the supplier will take it back for a refund.

Regards Ravel

Are you sure there is 'no way' that a new gas pipe could be installed to the boiler? Have you asked your installer for advice?

Could it run outside of your property?

What boiler do you have at present then?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back