Worcester 30si & Siemens RDJ10 dual zone fault... odd one?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I was wondering if you could please shed any light on this strange issue we have. I've been searching this and many other forums, and thus far have not found anything similar... keeping it simple I will but it in a list...

1. We have Worcester 30si with RDJ10 running the house and a RDJ10 running lounge.
  2. House is 2.5 years old (all new everything) and this has all run fine till few weeks ago.
  3. Lounge stopped heating, or at any rate irregularly. (it worked the other night randomly)
  4. Tried a reset of lounge unit... no difference.
  5. I swapped the house and lounger RDJ10s over.... made no difference and house still fine.
  6. Then I change lounge batteries... god knows why as this is now the house unit anyway.
  7. I have done numerous resets of the lounger unit.
  8. Tonight heating worked in lounge for 30min then when off.. display temp is 40°.
  9. Lounge RDJ10 wont reset even with batteries out an in.. 40° comes back on.
So, we have a fault, until tonight I didn't think it was the RDJ10... but now the one we swapped over into lounge appears jammed on temp. I daren't touch the house unit... its cold tonight and the rest of the house is toasty... can live without the lounge for now..

I cant find any communication unit on boiler.... does it have one or would it be hard wired per the wires on the base units behind my RDJ10s? I'm thinking the boiler is messing up the RDJ10?

I'm getting to the stage where I may need to call someone out... but don't want to slip into an expensive process of paying for it could be this... it could be that?

Sorry for such a lengthy post, any help would be greatly appreciated, even if just to understand how system works?

Thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
TBH i got confused reading that but its highly unlikely its the boiler.

Edit:ive just googled the seimens controller, crock of ****.

Edit:ive just googled the seimens controller, crock of ****.
Agreed! I've pulled loads of these out that have gone wrong, they must be competing with Salus to see who can make the most unreliable thermostat!

If you have swapped the 2 RDJ10s and it still isn't working you will need to see if power is getting to the lounge valve. If it is and the valve isn't opening, it is likely the valve motor has failed, this fits in with it intermittently working again. Depending on what valve actuator you have it is possible to replace the little motor, or the whole actuator if needed.

If power isn't getting to the valve you will need to check the wiring and connections.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Edit: I see the stat is stuck on 40° it is likely faulty, but I would have expected the house stat to control the lounge if it is moved to there...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back