Worcester 35 cdi II RF signal problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

First post!

I have recently moved into a house with an older Worcester 35 cdi II combi boiler which seems to work fine and calls the heating on/off.
Originally the boiler had a basic faceplate with a time and on/off setting.

I have bought a second hand receiver faceplate to connect up an RF digistat/room thermostat, but I cannot get the 2 units to pair.

I have followed the install and set up instructions to commission the room thermostat, about 10 times (insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?) but the 'signal' light on the boiler receiver panel stays lit up red after having been put into 'learn' mode.

I have attached pictures of both the boiler and the RF room thermostat, if anyone can offer any suggestions I'd be really grateful.

boiler1.jpg boiler2.jpg room.jpg

Thanks a lot,

Sponsored Links
You cant simply buy any old RF reciever and expect it to pair up with any room stat.

To add to that, Im 99.9% sure the room stat you have there is a wired version

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply.
I'm pretty sure the room thermo I've bought is an RF model and matches the type from the instructions for the receiver, so I've not just plugged any old thing in and expected miracles.

Sponsored Links
I'm pretty sure the rc's are wireless it's the PT that are wired. That stat is not badged up as Worcester which they usually are ? U will probably need a wr1 wired in for that to work ?

Maybe it is the RC for wireless and PT for wired. They both look the same, when I was using them they had RF on them for wireless, but they change the names that often who can keep trak.

either way, its not a worscter stat so very unlikley to work. Where did u buy the stat? as they normaly come with a wireless reciever.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back