Worcester 350 CH burner cuts out after 5 to 65 seconds (usually).

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
CH comes on as expected if there is demand. Burners light no problem. But then it will cut off between 5s -> 65s. Most of the time this is just after the gas pressure is increased after 60 seconds.

The boiler then anti-cycles for 2mins before redoing the above. So you get 60 seconds on low heat and then 2 mins off - that heats rads to 40c rather than 70c :( .

Very occasionally e.g. once a day, it will stay on properly (until someone switches on DHW).

Water pressure is fine, and I think the pot is okay (if it is working and I turn down the pot, it will cut off).

Pump is probably fine too - it pumps the lukewarm around the house okay.

DHW is fine - can run as long as required without issue.

Given DHW is fine, and ignition is fine on CH, I suspect an intermittent problem with CH sensor or driver board.

Anybody seen this behaviour before or have any suggestions/recommendations for someone prepared to look at it in GL6/Stroud area?

Parts are mostly obsolete and the fan makes a racket, so will replace this year but would be good to have CH for another couple of months...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back