Worcester 350 - programming unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a worecester 350 combi boiler. The programme/timer display panel is blank and is not responding to any buttons. Although we have hot water from the taps we have not got any heating. I think this is coincidence but this happened on the same day that I removed a radiator (for decorating purposes) and the boiler lost its pressure.

Am I right in thinking that the programmer (built in to the fa\cia of the boiler) is knackered and will require replacement ? or am I missing something obvious.

Any advice would be appreciated - we are facing a frosty 2004.

Sponsored Links
in case anyone else experiences the same problem.............

open the boiler casing. unscrew the bottom facia. pry out the bank of 3 batteries. go to maplin. purchase replacements. fit them. sorted.

Damn! You deprived some poor plumber the chance to earn a crust from changing your boiler... :evil:

You must have your boilers mixed up baldockm , the worcester 350 has an acl timer which has one small soldered in batterie ,when thats flat you will loose any memory of time and programings when the power is off but will work perfectly ok with a flat batt when the power is on. The timer can be re set if you press two alternate buttons at the same time cant remember which two but you cant do any harm by pressing to alternate buttons (by that i mean one button then miss a button then the next button)at the same time if that fails check you have 230v to the timer on the brown wire if you have then you will need a new timer

Sponsored Links
Lots of batterys there, but the acl battery is solderd in with no markings making it a bit tricky ,plus as said its only a back up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back