Worcester 35CDi problems

Day

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is quite old now and it started playing up. For some time now when I switch the central heating on, it doesn't always reach the full temperature. The radiators maybe only get half hot. When I observe what the boiler does, the burner comes on for about a minute and then switches off and then after a while it on again , it doesn't however stay on for long enough to heat the water to maximum. Also the pressure in the system doesn't increase as much as when it works properly. This problem happens on probably half the occasions when heating is switched on. Rest of the time it works well. It work perfectly all the tome when heating water for the taps and shower. Few days ago what also happened is that the red light which comes on when heating is switched on started blinking even though heating was turned off, and as a result didn't even give hot water for the taps. Presing the reset button for few seconds helped. Happened one more time during that day but no more since. Are there any immediate solutions that come to mind? I was thinking that the boiler being so old and less efficient, I'll be better off getting a new boiler insted of spending god knows how much money getting this repaired.

Sponsored Links
Probably just the heating thermistor faulty, these are pretty good boilers so wouldn't be thinking about changing it just yet.

I was at an eighteen year old Vokera tonight which was blowing fuses however it's now fixed and working well despite it's age.

How much would that cost to repair?

Sponsored Links
About £15 for the part plus the engineer's labour charge of an hour I would expect however you would be better advised to get someone out to check what's wrong exactly.

I agree with the above. Replacing a 35 cdi with a similar boiler is not exactly going to cost peanuts. Unless you have a monkey doing it.
Fairly sturdy boilers, and if it has been maintained properly you should get a few more years out of it.

The boiler hasn't been serviced for at least 2 years since I bought the house and god knows for how long before that. Can anyone recommend a service person or firm to do this in north London?

The boiler hasn't been serviced for at least 2 years since I bought the house and god knows for how long before that. Can anyone recommend a service person or firm to do this in north London?

a Mr T G lazier posts on here as Agile

try him (if hes Gas Safe Registered) :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back