Worcester 42CDI compatible with 'high pressure' tap?

Thank you Mr Tuvak. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Tuvok, I think :LOL: anyway all of this should have been checked before the purchase of the boiler not after :rolleyes:

I appreciate that fact but as I said, I know nothing about this stuff if Im honest and I was going on the advice of the builder. I mentioned that the Bosch Worcester 240 we had previously seemed to struggle when we had the loft conversion done (rads upstairs took ages to warm up) but then Im no expert (obviously!!)

He said he'd sopke to a plumber work colleage and the advice was to go for the 37CDI or 42CDI if I could afford to as it would only mean 'better performance'. I did then query the fact that surely a 37CDI would give me heaps more 'performance' than the old 24 rated one.

I feel like ive been stiffed now. :oops: but a genuine thanks for the help guys.

Lee

Sponsored Links
He said he'd sopke to a plumber work colleage and the advice was to go for the 37CDI or 42CDI if I could afford to as it would only mean 'better performance'. I did then query the fact that surely a 37CDI would give me heaps more 'performance' than the old 24 rated one.

I feel like ive been stiffed now. :oops: but a genuine thanks for the help guys.

Lee

This is what some of us are up against and it really really p!sses me off! I regulalry price against other guys who don't have a fecking scooby about what exactly they are fitting or if they do couldn't give a flying one.

Customers says "can I have an XYZ boiler" and they say, 'yeah, no problem' then I go along and tell them, 'ehr, no. Not enough water pressure and flow and your gas supply needs a major upgrade'

Reply is invarably along the lines of " but such and such never mentioned this' :rolleyes:

This is the bit that would worry me,

"He said he'd sopke to a plumber work colleage and the advice was..."

So on this basis you've just spent over £1200 and you have no idea if indeed this particular boiler is suitable for your needs, unbelievable but sadly all too common.

The heating load for the entire CDI range, with the exception of the 27 CDI is , 100,000 BTU or 30 KW. This is another concern given that you've already extended the heating ststem into the loft are now going to extend it further but your builder's mate who, presumably, hasn't seen your house/system says it should be fine....

Best of luck.

Tony.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back