worcester 9.24 boiler replacing programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a worcester 9.24 boiler electronic R.S.F. which is still going strong ,touch wood,
i want to replace the programmer ,i can't see any model no, on the programmer that was installed with the boiler years ago, can anyone tell me please what the model is from the pictures , or what model could replace it & how to wire it, it has two mains cables coming from the boiler which is upstairs , so i don't know which is the water & which is the C.H.

wiring setup
the 2 mains cables are 2 core red & black
prog has 4 wires. grey / white / brown / blue .
mains cable 1 is wired red to grey / black to white .
mains cable 2 is wired red to brown / black to blue

Sponsored Links
Looks like it's the integral timer that came with the Worcester.

Sponsored Links
Just re-read I think you have. Grey is switch for room stat. White HW. Standard timer with backplate 3 HW on, 4 CH on. Brown/Blue Live/Neutral.

Just re-read I think you have. Grey is switch for room stat. White HW. Standard timer with backplate 3 HW on, 4 CH on. Brown/Blue Live/Neutral.

i have a room stat , but that was added much later & is wired from boiler to room stat, timer is wired separate from room stat ,

Many on the market. I'd try Honeywell or ACL. Basic timer. Does that on/off for HW do anything? Many don't. In that case you need a single channel. If it does, go for a dual channel.

Many on the market. I'd try Honeywell or ACL. Basic timer. Does that on/off for HW do anything? Many don't. In that case you need a single channel. If it does, go for a dual channel.

sorry buit i'm a bit confused with single /dual channels, do you mean i could get a single channel as long as it has a water on/off switch , or with my setup must it be a dual channel, thanks again.

Does that on/off switch work to heat the store? Some do or don't. Single channel only needed for heating. If that switch works, then get a dual channel timer. I'd go with dual channel if I was you.

Does that on/off switch work to heat the store? Some do or don't. Single channel only needed for heating. If that switch works, then get a dual channel timer. I'd go with dual channel if I was you.

I have always left the hot water switch on , just used timer for heating , so sorry but i don't know how the water switch works .

That will keep the store heated. If it's working then get a dual channel. Basically HW on CH on. That's it.

That will keep the store heated. If it's working then get a dual channel. Basically HW on CH on. That's it.

there are a lot of timers on the market , could you possibly send me a link for a suitable dual channel basic timer , to give me a better idea of what type i need , thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back