powermax 155 (OV155xp) and Centaurplus c27 wiring help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Totally suck on wiring these 2 together. Any help greatly appreciated.

Powermax 155
Red - Mains line (understood)
Blue - Mains neutral (understood)
Orange - Heating on (believed understood)
Brown - Appliance on (?)
Black - mains heating / mains appliance (?)

6 sockets on back of the Centarplus c27

N
L
1 HW Off
2 CH Off
3 HW on
4 CH on

I've wired this as;
N - Blue
L - Red and red & black
3 - Brown
4 - Orange

I can get HW to work with the programmer but not central heating unless I swap orange and brown around. But cannot get both to work with programmer??

Any ideas

Dave

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Did you get this sorted ?
The only difference is this :-

The black wire comes from the Timed/Permanent switch on the front panel and provides mains to the programmer switches when the switch is in the timed position.
The Powermax programmer is just 2 timed volt free independant switches. (You could replace them with 2 light switches.) So, that is where the black wire comes in, it provides mains to the 2 Powermax switches.
Your new programmer already has mains connected internally to both switches and it comes out on 3 and 4 when required.

So, you don't need to connect the black wire to anything and make sure the switch on the front is set to timed and that should work.

Do you have a schematic diagram ? Do you want one ?

andytw

Hi again,

Just re-reading your original post and not really sure I understand what you are seeing.
I am wondering if there is a wiring problem or it is a case of what you are seeing is not what you are expecting.
The new programmer can have totally independant times for HW and CH or by removing the blue link on the back the times of HW and CH can be locked together.
The Powermax programmer is a little different to either of these configurations and is somewhere inbetween in that the CH can be timed on and off independantly as long as the HW is on for the same or a greater period.
For example :-
HW is set to OFF then CH can only be set to OFF
HW is set to 24HR then CH can be set to OFF or 24HR or ALL DAY or AUTO
HW is set to ALL DAY then CH can be set to OFF or ALL DAY or AUTO
HW is set to AUTO then CH can be set to OFF or AUTO

In the Powermax the AUTO times for HW and Ch will be the same time.

Put another way you cannot have the heating on if the hot water is not on.

The install instructions do not say exactly what the blue link does but being Horstmann may give the same functionality as just described above.

Make sense or am I barking up the wrong tree ? Grandmas and eggs maybe ?

andytw

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back