Centaurplus C27 to Honeywell Evohome Wiring

Sponsored Links
It’s hardwired and I’m not up for tracking walls at this stage
The Hive thermostat is battery powered and can go anywhere, you dont even need to put it on a wall , you buy a stand and place it anywhere, mine is on a stand in the lounge, never need to touch it I control everything with my phone

OK, just say you have a motorised two port valve. Bind BDR, in fact just follow the step by step.

You have purchased the kit, go for it. The Evohome is streets ahead of almost anything.

The drawing will give you hot water only or CH with HW

Evohome can move with you, give you open therm should you wish to fit a boiler with that protocol

End of the day, is your call. Ask your question, will guide you too.

Attachments

• A276D66F-0C11-4BA7-907A-0DBA38F49E40.jpeg
    A276D66F-0C11-4BA7-907A-0DBA38F49E40.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 44
Sponsored Links
When you heat water, does the pump run?
That cylinder will need pump circulation unless it is meant for gravity circulation.
Been caught out by that long time ago

No. My understanding is that only the boiler runs when on HW, pump runs when on CH and HW.

From the sounds of things I need a Honeywell motorised valve, and some way to connect it into the evohome system.

I just don’t think I’m capable of fitting that valve myself.

I just don’t understand the need for a valve.

All I wanted here was to be able too heat the water until it reached a certain temperature, didn’t really care about separating hot water and CH completely. Any time we would have the heating on we would want hot water too

You will have 2 BDR wireless relays.
not having a motorised valve does not mean Evohome will not work.
your hot water BDR, connect A to boiler, B to Live and C to pump if pump does not run for hot water or motorised valve that stops circulation to rads during summer ( if pump runs)- call this point B

CH BDR
L to A
B to point B above.

Bobs your auntie :cool:

I just don’t understand the need for a valve.

Valve is needed to control ceiling temperature of water.
if you are running the boiler at full power, hot water in cylinder will reach 80 degrees too.
when cylinder reaches 55 degrees on the Evohome, circulation to cylinder will cease ( this will only happen when CH is not run unless you have a valve.

“not having a motorised valve does not mean Evohome will not work.”

According to Honeywell support it does. When pairing the hw bdr the screen asks what type of valve do you have 2 port (or something else) none isn’t an option and it can not be bypassed.

It then asks you to pair it to something. I assume there is a device I don’t have that the evo home is expecting to control the valve.

I initially didn’t read the screen and was trying to pair it with the HW BDR, realised, and called support

It then asks you to pair it to something. I assume there is a device I don’t have that the evo home is expecting to control the valve.

I initially didn’t read the screen and was trying to pair it with the HW BDR, realised, and called support

go to setting up hot water kit.

it will ask you to press the button on HW interface, pair it to Controller, then controller to HW BDR then Controller to CH BDR. Follow the set up on the evohome

yeah, unfortunately the setup on the evohome screen doesn’t go in that order

Go to setup the HW and it first pairs to the thermostat sensor. That works grand. Then asks about the valve, the step after that according to support is pairing the HW BDR

I also don’t think my current wiring is going to be up to the job, and I’m not game enough for all this I don’t think.

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
yeah, unfortunately the setup on the evohome screen doesn’t go in that order

Go to setup the HW and it first pairs to the thermostat sensor. That works grand. Then asks about the valve, the step after that according to support is pairing the HW BDR

I also don’t think my current wiring is going to be up to the job, and I’m not game enough for all this I don’t think.
I know it works but end of the day the task rests in your lap
i have done it several times
Residio speeL says valve is needed to control the flow of water to the cylinder. It does not say the system will not work same as your previous programmer did

Last edited:
I’ve powered this up on the table a few times to try and get connected as you said. Two BDRs have power and the HW kit is battery powered. Every time I go to pair the HW kit to the Evo controller, it asks for valve, no option to skip. Could it be that an earlier model allows you to bypass? Mine is the one with WiFi built in rather than needing a secondary hub

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back