Worcester Boiler - one more!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another worcester boiler problem, any ideas for this?

Right the boiler won't burst in to life basically. Hot water is fine. We've tried to up the thermostat but it still doesn't kick in. However, there is a little box next to the boiler with two buttons and lights that says, alarm and override - if you click override the boiler kicks in and everythings fine.

Any ideas? Am I doing the system harm by overriding it?

Any help would be brilliant!

Sponsored Links
Right i'm offering £5 to whomever offers me a good explanation and if you are a plumber/boiler man you also get the job

Henry Kelly
Do you still think you are on that catch phrase programme where they only reveal a small segment of info at a time?

More info is reqd model age of boiler what external controls do you have.

Pete

Henry Kelly
Do you still think you are on that catch phrase programme where they only reveal a small segment of info at a time?

More info is reqd model age of boiler what external controls do you have.

Pete

erm...no I'm on classic FM now mostly

ok ok I'll have to re-post when i get home

its a white one, with a little dial if this helps anyone?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you are pressing the override button on a drayton wireless roomstat receiver. Follow the instructions to commision roomstat /receiver might just have lost its signal, could be need new batterys in room stat or may need new one.

hedsa = hero

right the problem appears to be with the wireless thermostat

its a British Gas WR1 box and the receiver seems to have become disconnected. The box near the boiler shows a red light on the recieve/alarm LED. I can push the override button to turn on the heating so it definitely seems to be the thermostat.

Any idea how to reset the boxes? Or what I should do? I haven't got the instructions unfortunately.

Thanks again for you help

henry if i remember right u remove the batteries from the left and right side of the room stat till the display goes blank then press button 1 followed by button 2 on the receiver for 2 secs, then insert the left hand batteries followed by the right hand ones.after this turn up the temp on the stat a red light will flash on the receiver for about 7 secs and its should now work.if it doesnt you need a new drayton rf1 wireless thermostat kit .no wiring just fit receiver and stat on to back plates in place and follow instructions for setting up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back