Worcester boiler pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester 24CDi boiler; the booklet says a recommended maximum pressure of 2.5 bar and it's currently running at nearly 3.5 of its own accord - I haven't increased it manually. Is it advisable to vent the pressure, if so then is there a way to do it or does it do so automatically?

Rich.

Sponsored Links
I am not an expert on combis - but from my own experience . . .
Is the pressure when cold correct - my boiler for example has a pressure of around 1.5 bar when cold which increases when it gets hot. If the pressure should get to high through a malfunction or whatever it should vent through the vent/overflow pipe that I would imagine goes through from the boiler to an outside wall. Mine did this when the pressure vessel inside the boiler failed. If the boiler didn't have this release valve the presumably it would explode eventually!
I would check the specs to see if the pressures quoted are the cold setting figures - if you are still worried I would give the technical dept of the manufacturer a call to be on the safe side.

Cheers.

Just for the record, and for anyone else who happens to be passing, the official technical advice was bleed a radiator until the pressure goes down. Seems to have worked.

The 24cdi should be 1.5 when cold rising to all most 2.5 when hot(2.5 is the maximum working pressure,when its at its hottest).At 3.5 the safety valve should have already opened to release all the water to outside the building.
Best check the booklet under section headed "sealed system" .

Sponsored Links
it is possible that the expansion vessel needs to be represurized.

the vessel has a bicyle type value on it.

the boiler needs to be drained of water, then pump the vessel to 1 bar and refill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back