Worcester Boiler Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler has started to make a very loud knocking noise when the central heating is on. The boiler is 11 years old and is regularly serviced. The thermostat is also not operating above 21 degrees. I have been told the boiler needs to be replaced at a cost of £2,500, can anyone advise me if this sounds right? Also been told a new one must be a condenser type, the present one is a combination without the water cylinder. When the boiler was installed, the whole system was flushed through. The noise starts up after a few minutes and sometimes doesn't happen at all. Any answers or help would be most appreciated. Thank you, Dee

Sponsored Links
Thank you, you did make me smile. I didn't know whether I should or shouldn't mention names etc., but it is a Worcester 28CDi. Many thanks, Dee

Sponsored Links
Thank you Mick, red and black needles between 1.2 and 1.6.bar. Thanks, Dee

dcawkwell,

Sorry, I don't understand your last sentence, could you please explain? Thank you Dee

easily done for around the £1200-1300 mark.

Not that one is needed, but if the OP wanted to replace like for like eg 29CDI Classic, the boiler alone (at trade inc VAT) would almost come to your figure. Add a Magnaclean, chemicals & other materials. Then all it needs is an installer willing to pay the OP for the privilege of fitting it for them.

Thank you everyone for all your comments and suggestions. On reflection, I think the idea was just to sell me a new boiler, a lot of what I was told just didn't make sense. I don't believe the present boiler is that bad, I am now getting other opinions. Thank you again for everyone's help. Dee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back