worcester boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
got a worcester 280 boiler and heating has stopped working the domestic hot water flows and boiler ignites in DHW mode but in heating mode the fan kicks in you can feel pump reverberating boiler ignites for 10 seconds then clicks off! the overheat stat is not tripping out so does not have to be reset, but pump gets very hot in the 10 seconds its on for I believe its the pump but has anyone had a similar problem and found it to be something else?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It seems like it's reaching temp too quick and as it's not overheating the o/h stat wont pop out. I recomend you see if pump is on max No 3,see if the flow @ return valves are fully open.If all ok then pump may have gone,open the vent on front and see if its spinning,it may be sludge in the heat ex,

thanks for reply i had a look at it today.Took cover off and comissioned it as in made sure no air in system by running it no gas, so fan ran, pump ran, could hear it sparking but no ignition, bled all rads open auto air vent on boiler! then put divertor over to right in manual mode,boiler works pump runs,heating works fine! if i turn of power motor divertor to right it moves back left automatically as it should, but if i try to run boiler in heatin and hot water mode with divertor in normal position should be calling for heat heating it does but after 10 15 seconds gas flame goes out and boiler does not reignite.So im thinking pumps ok, if it wasnt it would trip the overheat.So pinting to divertor valve or could it be flow switch to divertor???? your help much appreciated!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back