Worcester Bosch 12Ri Question?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
Not really a problem just some advice needed please. I've had a quote in to replace my 10 year old Baxi solo boiler with a Worcester Bosch 12Ri regular condensing boiler. I live in a 1930's 3 bed semi with one bathroom and largish rooms. The house has 7 radiators in total. Will this boiler be up to the job? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Depends on what all the radiator heat outputs add up to. If no more than about 9Kw, then 3 Kw for HW then it will be ok.

Personally I would recommend having a system boiler fitted rather than staying with an open vent model.

I would say this might be slightly undersized, you would be better to future proof it and fit an 18 - 20kw model then if you upgrade rads or add extra it will still be ok.

Sponsored Links
The problem with this model is that the larger sizes have to be fitted all the way to the boiler with 22mm gas as a minimum. Manufacturer MIs, non negotiable.

If the OP has a 15mm gas service sprouting out of a tiled kitchen floor the job suddenly gets a lot more complex. And expensive.

If the old boiler was 12Kw and it carried out its duty in sub zero temperatures, then a 12Kw replacement will do. OP hasn't told us this vital piece of the jigsaw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back