Worcester Bosch 24CDi CH issue with no lockout but HW is fine (video link)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, so I have an old WB 24CDi with a CH fault (HW seems fine).

The problem was only apparent occasionally after reaching temperature last winter but now from cold it continually attempts to go through the ignition cycle but mostly fails but with the occasional full ignition but only for a few seconds.

It doesn't lock out with a flashing red light fault but just continues to go through the cycle indefinitely.

The fan spins up at each ignition attempt and then switches off when ignition fails and does this process continually as can be heard in the video link.

My first thought was vacuum tubes or switch but with stable HW I'm guessing not.

Any suggestions on the likely cause so I can pass this on to my GSR engineer to minimise costs of return visits?

Tube to fan hard/split (see photo) but replacement did not fix the issue.

20231018_110740.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks, my post was poorly worded, appreciate why advice is not allowed so edited, any suggestions of the likely issue so I can pass this on to my engineer would be great to save cost of potential multiple visits as he's not local.

Sorry, but that’s similar. If your engineer is good enough, they should be able to rectify the fault.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I am now confused though, I'm certainly not asking for advice on how to repair the fault but simply for discussion on what could be causing this issue.

My background is aerospace engineering and I naturally have a curious mind so problem solving then passing on the information to my engineer prior to booking him in has always served me well.

I ask this with complete respect, is there any way to ask on this forum what is likley causing this issue?

Quick follow up in case this is useful for anyone in the future, turned out to be a board issue with two overheated resistors, did well for nearly 25 years though!

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back