worcester bosch 28 si mk2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted this about 5 yrs ago and it now has an intermitent fault and it goes to lockout , the fan runs then it doesnt try to ignite and it goes to lockout , I have checked the fan is ok the tubes are ok and the air pressure switch semms ok , I have now proved that the air pressure switch is ok by looping out the wires to the switch and the same thing happens , I then thumped the boiler on the circuit board housing and it is now running , last time I did this it ran for four days then the same thing happened , so i now think it has a faulty pcb , anyone else think of anything else it could be ??????Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a sticking relay on the pcb, unless you thumped it so hard that it was the gas valve sticking. When it wasn't firing could you see/hear the ignition 'ticking' :?:

No the ignition wasnt ticking so I think it is a sticking relay on the board

If ignition not working are you completely sure aps is working. some of these are not able to be 'by-passed' to test :!:

Sponsored Links
yeah i think so as it only has two wires conected to it and the switch has to make a circuit when the aps is activated so looping it out should bypass it

ok, some of them have 3 wires to them. I am not particularly a Worcester expert. Next time it goes off try removing the pcb cover and gently tap each relay with an insulated screwdriver ;)

Hi, had the same problem with my 28si which I posted about yesterday, (newbie) This post actually helped me diagnose that the problem was a relay, one of the white one's next to a terecotta componet block?

By simply pressing on this component with an insulated screwdriver, the fan would kick in and the boiler which was constantly ticking would fire up. I was able to fill a cast Iron bath by wedging the relay with the insulated scewdriver much to my 8 year olds disgust.

Could this be repaird? Or would it be better to contact Worcester Bosch for their £185 menu repair and bite the bullet.

Please advise.

I replaced the pcb on this boiler in march and it has worked fine since , so it was definatly the pcb and not the aps

This could be repaired but I think £185 from worcester is the simplest and possibly the cheapest solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back