worcester bosch 350 combi problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
3 months ago my Worcester Bosch 350 wouldn't supply hot water or heating.... The boiler sounded ok making all the correct noises but the ignition stage wouldn't kick in.
Engineer arrived cleaned/lubricated the fan and it worked for a few weeks then same problem so got new fan fitted but this didn't fix the problem.
When it happened all that was required was to switch off/on the system then it would work for a few days.
Engineer then diagnosed faulty air pressure switch which he replaced and again fin for a few weeks but didn't cure the problem.
It's been this way for a few weeks now and every time it happens switching on/off doesn't fix it but blowing down one of the air pressure tubes will fix it every time....
So currently I find that about 3 times a week I need to do this and it's ok for a few days.
I've ordered new silicone tubes but not convinced that will make much difference

What else could cause this problem? Thanks

Sponsored Links
So by blowing into the air pressure tubes what else I'm I affecting other than the air pressure switch?

By your actions, you have removed the combustion chamber front cover. It really is not advisable for a diyer and no further diy advice should be given.
No offence intended, but it's forum rules.

I'm well aware it's the combustion chamber and the regs regarding openning it but when various engineer can't appear to fix the problem and just keep throwing parts at it then I'm in a difficult position...
Any advice I receive here is to be passed on to the engineer on his next visit because at the moment they stand in front of my boiler scratching their heads!!!

Sponsored Links
And what about the other readers who are not blessed the planet size brain you obliviously have?

Why do DIY'ers think they are the only ones that will read the replies to their questions on here?

I'm well aware it's the combustion chamber and the regs regarding openning

"I'm was well aware that driving at 120mph was illegal officer I just didn't give a fook"

Why is one OK and not the other.

BTW - only one "n" in opening.

I'm well aware it's the combustion chamber and the regs regarding openning it but when various engineer can't appear to fix the problem and just keep throwing parts at it then I'm in a difficult position...
Any advice I receive here is to be passed on to the engineer on his next visit because at the moment they stand in front of my boiler scratching their heads!!!

If you really have an engineer dealing with your boiler then get him to ask for advice on this site in the closed section specially for registered engineers.

The situation is quite clear that the forum rules do not permit advice on gas/combustion issues.

We are happy to give advice to engineers however daft they may be but only after their gas details have been confirmed.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back