wiring diagram for pressure switch for worcester bosch 350

J

Juliepowell

hi everyone

the pressure switch on my worcester bosch 350 has packed up and the replacement that our engineer has got doesn't come with a wiring diagram.

i understand that the original part is no longer available but there is an alternative replacement part.
the replacement part needs to be wired up differently to the original but worcester don't seem to have those details.

can anyone help with the wiring so we don't have to get a new boiler.

many thanks

julie

Sponsored Links
The 350 APS is wired :-
White to Common
Brown to NO
Green to NC
Your "engineer" could easily have found this on the WB web site. Look for discontinued boiler literature and download a copy.

thank you for the reply, i have a copy of the discontinued 350 manuel but there is nothing in the manuel re rewirng the pressure switch & i have spoken to WB technical support & as the boiler is now obsolete they will not provide any support or advice with regards to replacement parts. if your wiring comment refers to the original part apparently the replacement offered by various websites is wired differently and if not done correctly the PCB board can blow.

any guidance to this matter would be most gratefully received.
thanks
julie

This is a gas/safety device and should not be fitted by a DIYer.

If you really had an engineer then he should know how to connect it if he is competent.

If not then he could ask in the part of this site reserved for registered gas engineers.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
thank you for your reply

the engineer is from worcester bosch's list of accredited installers & he is gas safe registered, i have checked with gas safe register.

because the boiler is nearly 16 years old the wiring on the old switch dosn't correspond to the replacement switch and as he hasn't done this replacement before we want to get the wiring correct.

just the wiring details for part 87161461370 is all we need.

thanks
julie

I gave you the wiring colours and corresponding connections. If your man cannot work that out then get someone who can. The boilers wiring will not change and the APS terminals will be marked.

He is on their list because he fits a lot of their boilers.

That does not make him good at repairs.

I can repair boilers but cannot be on that list because I dont install a lot of their boilers.

Tony

The 350 APS is wired :-
White to Common
Brown to NO
Green to NC
Your "engineer" could easily have found this on the WB web site. Look for discontinued boiler literature and download a copy.

i think she means the water pressure switch!

op i will have a look in my little black book, thinking about it, the new one is numbered (terminals) 1,2 and 3. hasn t the old one got no's as well as c, no etc etc??

the engineer is from worcester bosch's list of accredited installers & he is gas safe registered, i have checked with gas safe register.

Sorry, Julie, but Agile is correct. It irks me, but any manufacturers "acredited" installers qualify not on skill but by the number of boilers installed. They don't even audit their installs for quality.

Unless someone knows differently :unsure:

Christ, even if there were no markings on either it should take only a few minutes to work it out.

Sorry, Julie, but Agile is correct. It irks me, but any manufacturers "acredited" installers qualify not on skill but by the number of boilers installed. They don't even audit their installs for quality.

Of course common sense would expect manufacturers would also list "accredited repairers" as well.

But the reality is they dont want their boilers repaired.

Many with staff engineers also offer various repair options so dont want us independents repairing their boilers either.

Tony

thank you for all your replies, it is the water pressure switch that needs replacing & not the air pressure switch.

i did think i would be okay with an accredited installer from their web site,

now i don't know what to do, he has the part but no wiring diagram. where do i go from here?

thanks for all replies

thank you for all your replies, it is the water pressure switch that needs replacing & not the air pressure switch.

i did think i would be okay with an accredited installer from their web site,

now i don't know what to do, he has the part but no wiring diagram. where do i go from here?

thanks for all replies

I am not in a position to shed any light onnthe actual problem that youyr plumber is facing, and I sympathise with your predicament.

If you go to:

http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/

and state your postcode, and your needs (gas central heating) and a list of local RGIs will come up. Simply phone them to explain y0ur problem, and someone may have experience of your predicamet.

Good luck.

Let me get this right , HE NEEDS A WIRING DIAGRAM TO FIT A WATER PRESSURE SWITCH?

The guys a joke.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back