Worcester Bosch 280 RSF no DHW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the above boiler runs OK on CH, on DHW it dos fire and keep working but no DHW, after checking the Diverter valve found is not working and more test found no 240V at the diverter valve, is it the PCB?

Sponsored Links
Your post does not really make much sense, but a common fault is that the diaphragm in the diverter assembly has failed. With the CH set to OFF, turn on the hot water at a tap and see if the pin is actually moving out towards and activating the microswitch on the diverter.

Your post does not really make much sense, but a common fault is that the diaphragm in the diverter assembly has failed. With the CH set to OFF, turn on the hot water at a tap and see if the pin is actually moving out towards and activating the microswitch on the diverter.

Hi, I think you are talking about an other boiler, the diverter valve is motorist valve there is no diaphragm or micro switch, my post was very clear no 240V at the motor when DHW is on but the boiler fire OK the rads get hot and no hot water

Thats not the design that I would expect in a boiler called a 240 RSF !

Sponsored Links
Tony the OP's boiler uses a drayton actuator (the same as a zone valve), does the demand light come on when you call for h/w ? does the pump run ?

Tony the OP's boiler uses a drayton actuator (the same as a zone valve), does the demand light come on when you call for h/w ? does the pump run ?

Yes the demand light comes on the pump runs the burner lights on but the no DHW at the tap, no 240V at the actuator.

Hi, I think you are talking about an other boiler, the diverter valve is motorist valve there is no diaphragm or micro switch, my post was very clear no 240V at the motor when DHW is on but the boiler fire OK the rads get hot and no hot water

If the boiler recognises the demand for water but does not power the motor valve ( or motorist valve as the Polish call them ) then my expectation is that the diverter valve relay on the PCB has failed.

To anyone reading be aware that the OP fixes boilers but not being gas reg says he does not touch the gas/combustion aspects.

Tony

OP download the MI & run through the dhw fault finding guide, of course as Tony has rightly pointed out, do not do any of this work if you have to access any of the combustion or gas side of any appliance if you are not GSR

http://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/in...discontinued-february-1997-literature[/QUOTE]

Thanks CBF for the information, I have seen the fault finding chart but it does not show any voltage test around the diverter valve, I believe is the PCB but I just wanted to be sure of that, any other component out side the PCB might cause the diverter valve relay to fail or what.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back