Worcester bosch 280rsf please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have a worc bosch 280rsf boiler the hot water works fine but the central heating does not. when you call for the central heating the boiler fires( fan runs ect) its lights for about 20 secs then goes out. i think it may be the diverter valve stuck or faulty but i could do with some advise on how to test it. i don't have the install manual and its not on the worc bosch web site anymore. can anyone help with a copy of the manual or some better ideas :confused:

cheers all

Sponsored Links
Hi All

Just been reading another post with same prob i will check to see if the arm moves on the valve tonight and check supply voltage as well.

are these vaves much to change?

OH NO IT ISN'T lol I've looked at that and its just a user guide. it doesn't have any part diagrams in or any instructions on how to change parts. :confused:

I have checked the arm on the valve and it doesn't move when the central heating calls for hot water it stays in the up position. i checked the voltage on the plug on the main control board and i got 240v.

Sponsored Links
HO HO HO YES IT IS, section 19 page 39.

You got the wrong download - it's there on the page linked to above.

hey nooky

i'm not an expert but i think that if the arm doesn't come up when you're turning the hot water tap on then the diverter valve is at fault

if it is at fault then it can be changed; there are kits to fix the d/v itself or can change out completely although not sure how much it'll cost

Isnt this the same boiler as the Worcester 240 ???

If so then why is he saying about "arms going up" ?

The diverter valve is mounted about a HORIZONTAL axis so the pin moves in and out in the horizontal plane. OUT towards the front of the boiler!

I should remember as I was fixing one just 17 hours ago!

Tony

NIGHTMARE,if it is d/valve its a remove ex/vessel job.Its a pain,i think a sunvic head does it as well.if you can just change that,pain in the arse

Go to wb site and download service and installation manual. It is on there, I got it 2 weeks ago.
If you need to take the wet part out, make sure you have all the o-rings. New ones that is. One of the reasons that some people find this difficult is not being aware that one of the brass connectors is telescopic.. you need to replace to o-ring in that one too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back