Worcester Bosch 28cdi filling loop dripping

Yes, Ollski has also identified the leak which I had mentioned previously.

Since it has deposited lime then it is mains water leaking from the rear seal of the diaphragm unit.

Not a totally difficult job but as I like to reduce the amount of work involved and give the best solution for the client then I would be using a new diverter valve so that it is all new and likely to last much longer than a repair.

Sponsored Links
A brass casting just needs a repair with seals replaced that a good heating engineer is bound to carry. I have been fixing boilers for nearly 25 years, in this time to perhaps replace the shunt diverter possibly twice. These instances were where the grub screws were jammed or integral gland leaking

A brass casting just needs a repair with seals replaced that a good heating engineer is bound to carry. I have been fixing boilers for nearly 25 years, in this time to perhaps replace the shunt diverter possibly twice. These instances were where the grub screws were jammed or integral gland leaking

I'd agree with the sentiment but in most cases, and particularly this one, the price and time difference between rebuilding the old and replacing with new is negligible. On something like a turbo max then rebuild all the way.

Could you guys please look at the video above and comment on it?

I think the water mark is a bit of a red herring here, it might have been fixed in the past and the water marks have remained. The water marked area is completely dry.

I have had the O rings replaced, but as some of you guys suggested, that's not really where it's dripping from.

It seems to be dripping from the small hole which is on the left side of the big hole where filling loop assembly nosel goes. It didn't know it could drip from here at all..

After looking at the video and how the drop forms, do you guys still think it's a leak between head and body of diaphragm?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back