worcester bosch 28i junior volatile lock out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone offer advice on wether i can fix this problem myself. i was running the hot water tap & all of a sudden it went cold. i've tried allsorts to get it to come back on! pressure has been raised from 1.5 to 2 but made no difference. i've drained the condenser pipe. i've pressed the reset button, the maintenance button, turned it on & off.

when i finally found the instruction manual (!) i've looked it up on page 57 fault finding, and as the blue light is flashing fast & the reset button is not lit up, the fault is listed as volatile lock out.

the possible 'solution/check' are ...
temperature sensor.
low voltage wiring harness/connections to sensor.
fan / fan harness / connections to fan.
code plug fitted.

.... these mean nothing to me ... is there anything i can do to remedy this & get some hot water! :confused:

Sponsored Links
All of those checks need some knowledge and test equipment like a test meter to measure the sensor resistances.

The fan and gas valve are out of scope for DIY repairs.

In that case it sounds as if you will need a competent boiler engineer. there are a few who post on here in Leeds.

Alternatively a British Gas or Worcester fixed price repair.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back