worcester bosch 28i junior - burner not igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
wb 28i junior in ignition lockout mode according to flashing light sequence on control panel.

Last week the system lost pressure and locked out but re-ignited once repressurised.

When turn on with CH and HW calling for heat pump appears to run (can hear it humming) then reset light comes on.
System pressure is OK for LPG and there is gas in the tank.

The system completely locks out so that even pressing the reset button does nothing...the red light continues to flash no matter how many seconds it is pressed for. This can be reset by breathing down the aps (orange hose).

From visual inspection the fan does not turn at any point.

WB want £210 to come and inspect...is there anything obvious that I am missing or can try before resorting to paying the money! I am a reasonably competent home DIY-er but by no means a professional.

All advice gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
best advice I can give is get it repaired and find a company that will take you on for full heating system insurance, but not ****ish gas.
the junior i-series is one of the models often used by cowboys; it is cheap, really not as good as the higher end worcesters, and I have NEVER seen one that was installed to spec, or maintained to spec.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back