worcester bosch 28i pressure drop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
help, i had a worcester bosch 28i fitted 2 years ago and had problems with the pressure dropping ever since. at first there was a rad leak but no more obvious leaks. the last time i had to repressurise the system was 10 months ago, is this normal? all i get from the plumbers is more pumping up the system and "lets see how it goes"

Sponsored Links
by re-pressurise do you mean it had dropped to zero or you 'just top it up'? Quite normal to 'just top' up yearly

gas4you said:
by re-pressurise do you mean it had dropped to zero or you 'just top it up'? Quite normal to 'just top' up yearly

thank u for replying so quick, i mean it dropped to zero the last time, this time the pressure is at 0.5 (boiler is in loft so not seen on daily basis) just need to know that it isnt faulty, so it sounds like im ok then to just top it up now n then like this time

If the boiler is in the loft and its dropped to .5 in a 10 months I would say thats fine as the boiler has an auto airvent which will vent at the top of the system.

However the system will vent more if they didnt commission it right.

Hot/cold flushes and Inhibitor to stop corrosion. If these were not done the system will continue to vent either air or Hydrogen.

Stan

Sponsored Links
pannierstan said:
If the boiler is in the loft and its dropped to .5 in a 10 months I would say thats fine as the boiler has an auto airvent which will vent at the top of the system.

However the system will vent more if they didnt commission it right.

Hot/cold flushes and Inhibitor to stop corrosion. If these were not done the system will continue to vent either air or Hydrogen.

Stan

thank you, i can sleep tonight now. :D my guarantee runs out on 5th march so i think i will still get them out as the system drained several times last year so although they did flush and use inhibitor then,there will be none in now, i assume???? thank you again, had lots of bad experiences with builders, etc and always assume the worst, thank you

i read in one of the other questions that you shouldnt really keep bleeding radiators???????? is that right????? may sound stupid but does the pressure on the boiler not drop if there is air instead of water in the system?????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back