Worcester Bosch 30CDi Combi boiler clock not going round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Can someone point me in the right direction to changing the battery in the clock on a 30CDi boiler?

Basically the clock is not going round, and I think it has just lose the clock battery as it is 9 years old. So is there a way to change the battery on the clock? I don't really want to get a trade person in the house for such a simple task

All help greater appreciated.

Sponsored Links
It will probably need a new clock, these don’t have batteries.

Does it have MT10 on it .... or does it look like this? If so it needs wired in and will need an engineer to do it I'm afraid.

th

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
The reason we say it needs a registered eng. is that changing the clock requires the casing removal/refitting etc. and that forms part of the safety system of the
boiler....and 99% of the diyers on here have little clue as to the importance of that.
When did the boiler last have a full service (the parts alone are around £50)?
Trust me I've visited many diynoters over the years and it's a miracle some of them are still around :)

One of the diynoters on here called me out many years ago for a repair...on his Puma boiler I found the 2 rectangular CC cover plates sitting on top of the boiler....by all accounts it had been like that for a year or more since he'd been given iffy advice on here. Lucky for him there was no consequence...

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
you see that banner in red writing on your link , that is there for a reason
Sure, a minimal understanding of removing and refitting a case is a must.
Then of course if one doesn't know the difference between screwdrivers it's best to leave it to the pros.

ure, a minimal understanding of removing and refitting a case is a must.
No the case forms the room sealed part of the boiler and you dont know and dont have the correct equipment to check it is properly sealed, but he ho it is only Products of combustion that can leak into the room, what could possibly go wrong ?

No the case forms the room sealed part of the boiler and you dont know and dont have the correct equipment to check it is properly sealed, but he ho it is only Products of combustion that can leak into the room, what could possibly go wrong ?
Don't know what boiler you're talking about, but my Worcester Bosch has 2 screws at the top and then hooks at the back.
So remove the 2 screws, lift off the hooks and the casing comes off.
Not the most difficult of tasks really.
Also, I don't think the metal case seals anything that could leak gases or water, at least on these boilers.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Don't know what boiler you're talking about, but my Worcester Bosch has 2 screws at the top and then hooks at the back.
So remove the 2 screws, lift off the hooks and the casing comes off.
Not the most difficult of tasks really.
Also, I don't think the metal case seals anything that could leak gases or water, at least on these boilers.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes you are wrong

Correct me if I'm wrong.
When you lifted the case if, there would have been a rubber seal which seals the case to the room, which prevents the products of combustion entering the room, hence why it needs to be a gas safe registered engineer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back