Worcester Bosch 30Si broken- another worcester boiler that uses the same jig?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Having a nightmare with fitting a second hand boiler (never again)!
The heating engineer has fitted the 30Si jig & boiler. Numerous concerns with the boiler and so was wondering if there's another worcester boiler that uses the same jig as the 30SI that I could drop on to minimise the costs?
Any advice would be very welcome and much appreciated.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Hi Mike,
Thank you for your time and reply.
The Si is possibly 5-8 yrs old. It's a mark 3. It needs s new heat exchanger, pressure gauge and pump lead. I'm not convinced it's going to be reliable hence I'm thinking to replace the front (and keep the jig if possible). Hot water is intermittent.
Thank you again for your time and interest in helping me.

If that's all it needs, a plate hex, pressure gauge and wiring harness, I'd get it repaired. Your only going to pick up another 2nd hand dog of a boiler. All new Worcesters now use different jigs.
Edit, while your RGI is stripping it down, replace the electrodes and burner gasket.

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much.
Is this something I should ask Worcester to fix for the fixed fee. I've heard for £250 they will fix it ?

Thank you MikeCip for our excellent responses. Any comment on lat question would be gratefully received.

Does anybody know if the 30Si compact use the same jig as the old 30Si model?
No they're different. But there won't be much alterations to the pipework.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back