Worcester Bosch 30si compact

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondered if anyone can answer this question for me?

I have worked on numerous different boilers wiring them up but today I had a WB 30si compact which I've never come across (I'm assuming it's a fairly new boiler to the WB range of combis.)

I had a CM721 programmable stat to wire in via the receiver and normally you have the ST10 terminal block to connect A & B from the receiver to LS & LR.

This new boiler doesnt have an ST10 block but rather 2 x LR, one marked with a tap symbol and the other with a radiator symbol.

Looking at the manual, you appear to remove the two links that connect DHW to L out and CH to L out and I have connected the A&B connections to those respective symbols

With the other Wb combis you would remove the link to LR & LS and put your A&B connections from the receiver in there but for some reason, I can't get the heating to fire up the boiler although the water is fine.

What have I missed because combis should be simple to wire up.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Your boiler isn't sending a ls so you need to wire one of the wires onto a live. Then the other wire will go to the radiator symbol live return.

Nath

You need the link in unless you plan to program the pre heat from an external programmer or use there own built in. Leave the link in and the pre heat can be turned off via the Eco button

Sponsored Links
Yes, there were two links. One was from heating LR to L output and the other from DHW LR to L output. I had removed the links for both and put A & B from the receiver into one of each the LR's. As I said, the hotwater worked but I will go back and redo one of the links to DHW for pre heat purposes and do what Nath suggested for the heating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back