Country
United Kingdom
I have a worcester Bosch Greenstar 30si with a timer as shown below

df3c_2.JPG

The room stat is a Honeywell stat like the one shown below

7ace_2.JPG

I want to change the timer for a DT10RF Digistat optimiser MK2

af45_2.JPG

, can i just disconnect the honeywell stat and replace the original timer with the digistat? do i have to disconect the grey and black wire in the boiler and just leave the live nuetral and earth connected, the grey and black wires are in a flex cable to the boiler along with the live, nuetral and earth. Any help would be greatly appreciated[/img]

Sponsored Links
Remove the "gry/blk" wires and put in a small link.
follow instuctions for optimiser, very easy.

Remove the "gry/blk" wires and put in a small link.
follow instuctions for optimiser, very easy.

Would that be at the boiler connections? if so i would then be linking the gry and blk terminals?

Sponsored Links
Did the link and fitted the digisat, everything works fine, thanks for the advice everyone :D

hi, Im having a similar problem just now. I need to remove a drayton timer to connect the rf10, but if I do that then I dont have any connection to the LS & LR feeds.

Can someone explain how to 'link' them? do you mean just have a bit of wire that I connect into the LS & LR connectors?

ps sorry if thats a dumb question

honestly? :eek:

whats the point in them then? why dont they come connected?

there arent any issues in connecting them with basic wire?

whats the point in them then? why dont they come connected?

Bridging them starts the boiler, breaking the connection stops the boiler.

They're there to allow external controls to be fitted. The switch in the external controls makes or breaks this connection.

ah ok - thanks for the reply.

1 last question then (hopefully!), I assume then that when I fit the new RF10 that it is responsible for stopping & starting the boiler in a different way? i.e. without breaking that connection?

hi - just to let anyone who may read this later know, I did put a link in between the LR & LS connections and my boiler is now working fine

thanks for everyones input & help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back