Worcester Digistat Optimiser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've just received a Worcester Digistat Optimiser for my Greenstar 30Si combi on recommendation in the Worcester brochure and website. What I don't understand is that the receiver has DHW timer settings. As this is a combi boiler with only on-demand hot water - it has confused me!!

Any help anyone?

Graham

Sponsored Links
The optimising digistat opens up the full functionality of the boiler.
It can be set to preheat the hot water before its drawn off, giving even more instantaneous hot water. It can also tell by way of the temperature how much it needs to heat the water by. Clever kit.

The optimising digistat opens up the full functionality of the boiler
A cynic might say that it makes up for some lack of functionality....
It can be set to preheat the hot water before its drawn off, giving even more instantaneous hot water
In other words, run the boiler at intervals to keep it warm,ready to deliver hot water. In other words, wasting heat when none is actually required.
It can also tell by way of the temperature how much it needs to heat the water by.
Don't think it actually does that. The only 'optimising' it does is to the ON time for the heating. In other words, if at CH start time today the actual room temperature is warmer than it was yesterday, the optimiser will delay the heating start up so that the house actually reaches the setpoint temperature at the same time as it did yesterday. If the day is colder, it will start earlier.

This gadget is NOT the same as a 'weather compensator', which really does adjust the boiler water temperature!

Spot on Mr CC.

The Optimiser is pretty old school nowadays. Worcester talk it up but it is very basic. But if you want 7 day prog roomstat that is the only version they offer.

Have you noticed that Worcester make you buy an Si or CDi if you want a RF 7 day thermostat? Clever that; as far as I'm aware its the same PCB in the boiler and they do something to nobble it in the iJunior.

Sponsored Links
Hi, fellow Sussexonian..........Alpha boilers are doing an interesting solar kit for their combi`s and it will also fit other makes of combi :idea: maybe consider that option for economy.......NO I don`t fit them and I`m not corgi ;) just looked and thought it to be a good idea

Normally just fit external RF2/3 cheaper but work well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back