Worcester Bosch 35cdi Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Started to get a leak from underneath this boiler last few days. The pressure isn’t dropping on the system so assume it’s the inlet that’s leaking. Water is clear-ish as well.
I’ve opened it up and taken some pics of the leak below to see where the leak is coming from. Any advice appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• iOS Image - 3278944917.jpg
    iOS Image - 3278944917.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 282
  • iOS Image - 3745064517.jpg
    iOS Image - 3745064517.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 259
  • iOS Image - 2183529419.jpg
    iOS Image - 2183529419.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 244
  • iOS Image - 1998925957.jpg
    iOS Image - 1998925957.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 253
  • iOS Image - 2627499839.jpg
    iOS Image - 2627499839.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 272
Sponsored Links
Looks like a leak on a hydroblock, and will need a 26.9 safety check (performed by a competent person, usually a gas safe registered engineer) after removing the cover on that boiler.

Looks like a leak on a hydroblock, and will need a 26.9 safety check (performed by a competent person, usually a gas safe registered engineer) after removing the cover on that boiler.

Thanks Chris. A few months before this issue, I noticed that the boiler would like vibrate for a bit when running hot water. Then after a few seconds it would stop when the tap was opened a lot more. Not sure if the two are linked. Will contact an engineer.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Got the part changed but the vibrating random noise is still there when using hot water / and nkw when heating is on. Does anyone know what’s causing this? The water pressure is good in my area and the boiler pressure is at 1bar...

Sponsored Links
The vibration might just be the boiler casing resonating (i.e. vibrating at its natural frequency, set off my the frequency generated when the hot water is on). Try putting something non-flammable between the casing and some solid part and see if that stops the vibration. If it does then just sticking something (non-flammable for safety reasons) to the inside of the case to change its natural frequency of vibration might be all you need for a permanent solution.

Hi, thanks for the advice. Its alot more than rattling its more a vibration. I will remove the case this weekend as you say and see how it goes.

The vibration might just be the boiler casing resonating (i.e. vibrating at its natural frequency, set off my the frequency generated when the hot water is on). Try putting something non-flammable between the casing and some solid part and see if that stops the vibration. If it does then just sticking something (non-flammable for safety reasons) to the inside of the case to change its natural frequency of vibration might be all you need for a permanent solution.

Hi, casing was removed and left for 2 days but the vibration was still there unfortuneately...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back