Worcester Bosch Combo Power Cycle / Restart Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've got a question about my Worcester-Bosch 34 CDi Classic combo boiler. If the boiler is power cycled it takes approximately 20 minutes before the central heating will work.

On the boiler temperature display it alternatives between the temperature and the -| |- symbol. I've attached a picture, and here's a link to a small video showing it: YouTube Video Link

Hot water isn't affected and is available immediately.

I recently asked the British Gas person who serviced the Boiler and he just said "It's fine, they all do it". That's obviously good, I was just interested to know what the boiler was doing, and why there was a delay on the central heating being available when the hot water was available immediately.

Attachments

• Greenshot 2022-11-27 11.01.43.png
    Greenshot 2022-11-27 11.01.43.png
    2 MB · Views: 124
Sponsored Links
According to the manual:

The boiler runs for 15 minutes at minimum heating output to fill the condensate trap. The display alternates
between [+] and the central heating flow temperature. This occurs every time the mains supply has been interrupted.

According to the manual:

The boiler runs for 15 minutes at minimum heating output to fill the condensate trap. The display alternates
between [+] and the central heating flow temperature. This occurs every time the mains supply has been interrupted.

Many thanks for this. The boiler was installed by the previous owner of the house, and didn't leave any instructions for it behind.

This annoying feature can be turned off, and frequently is by engineers who don't want to stand around for 15 minutes waiting for it to sort its life out after a service

Sponsored Links
What I don't understand is that it only does this for central heating. If you open a hot tap the boiler immediately fires up.

That's how it's designed. Hot water demand overrides pretty much everything except lockout faults

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back