Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24Ri boiler ripples?

Sponsored Links
can i ask op who fitted this boiler?? ie was he gas safe reg ?

i read on another forum you bought the boiler second hand! is this true? if so was it a poor purchase considering how much its now costing you ?

Overheating is the cause of ripples as per your replys.

so does the boiler have thermostats to control the heat and if excessive heat build up an extra over limit thermostat to switch off the boiler and save boiler damage.

please tell me how this boiler can over heat are they made incorrectly ?.

Sponsored Links
I paid £150 for the boiler, it has been fitted by an accredited Worcester Bosch gas safe engineer.
I have now taken out a 1 year (£300) service contract with Worcester Bosch who are coming around on Monday and will carry out any repairs necessary to get it working.

Think of it like red lining your car. There is a throttle limiter, but if you keep hitting it, sooner or later you'll chewing a piston or two.

dan-robinson please supply a more techinical answer if you can.

please do not refer to cars.

yes i have a skoda,best car i have owned/leased for 5 years now.

present car is a 3.6 petrol v6 and it preforms very well and the inbuilt sensors will not allow me to push it to 159 mph until the car is ready to do it.

so why can this worcester gas boiler go from rest to full power and damage the heat engine/exchanger day in day out.

if you have an answer please post it here.

dan-robinson you need to post some techinical reasons for these ripples to happen.

well as Dan is pre occupied the answer is easy, you have a blockage in your heat cell as your boiler wasnt flushed properly when it was installed and the sensors that tell the boiler that it is getting too hot are at the very top of the heat cell and the water from the bottom is getting overheated before the sensors can cut off the heat supply hence the rippling congratulations on the Skoda by the way I have a Superb and love it

Pretty much as Ian said.

The sensors in the boiler are there to monitor and protect the boiler.

They are not there to mitigate a shlt installation.

I will use whatever analogy I see fit.

Now, stick your car in 3rd and red line it for instead of using the top two gears.

How long do you think it will last?

Don't see why I need to me more technical. You're not qualified to work on the boiler so it is academic.

If you don't believe phone Worcester on Monday.

the reason i asked is i have an unfitted worcester combi boiler here awaiting fitting next weekend,when my installer is back form another holiday.
at one point i was minded to return it and chose a different make of boiler but i have been told my boiler has a different heat engine.

thank you all for replies.

worcester junior/si are overpriced junk. great service though. going to a junior tomorrow for the familiar hydroblock splitting. if not that, its usually the fan. in order of better boilers, viessmann, intergas and glowworm. beat these hands down. viessmann heat exchanger cant be matched and comes with 10 year warranty.

worcester think in german you pay roughly 4 times as much to have it fitted in germany the guy is properly qualified and the install is to a high standard im english and im not here to rubbish us but bosch wont accept this is their fault it a bad install

i feel like wb pr now but the manuals roughly page 12 mention fitting shock arrester re protecting hydro-bloc what we prefer is our own view mine is the broader proper regulation of a qualified work-force would be a good thing and cost effective but i will die before that happens

just a shame worcester wont admit the old on off button on the juniors took out the fan if used. funnily enough they dont have an on off button now. the hydroblocks are ****. hence they cover there ass with a mini EV. great service yet overpriced ****.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back