Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24Ri boiler ripples?

so hang on let me get this right!?

you buy a second hand piece of ****e for buttons. it is goosed, probably registered to another address somewhere. you get said piece of ****e fitted. you call WB out and expect them to put £500+ of new parts on your boiler to make it brand new again!

oh and for the privelige you only pay them £280 or so ! and then you ve got the cheek to slag off their service!! YCMIU !

Dream on sonny, this has all been a costly mistake for you

Sponsored Links
Please could you tell us in detail what their reasons are for not doing the repairs.

If they are serious then the Worcester installer could be considered liable to some extent.

Its not clear to me, did the boiler ever work after being refitted by the accredited engineer? If not then what did he have to say about it?

Tony

Maybe the WB accredited fella is only dreaming he is accredited. OP did you check his gas safe card? What did it say on the back (if you did get to see his card) :D

Will look out for a WB with rippled heat exchanger on the flea bay:cool:

Ok, I had to bite the bullet and purchase a brand new Greenstar 24Ri boiler!
The thing is, I think the installer has got the plumbing connections wrong.
Perhaps someone could confirm please?
Looking at the boiler from the front, the return pipe, where he fitted the Magnaclean, is on the left.
The pipe that gets hot first (flow?) is on the right.
This seems to contradict what it says in the WB installation manual.
What are the possible implications of the pipes being reversed?
Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
this gets funnier. you sure hes worcester accredited. were bouts in cornwall?

Wouldn't know about that holty but he/she ain't a plumber looking at the pipework.

The plumber has just come around to have a look, argued with me a bit then eventually agreed with me it is wrong and is sending someone around today to correct it.
Thanks for all the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back