Worcester-Bosch Greenstar 30CDi combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved into a block of flats that have Worcester Bosch combi boilers to provide underfoor heating. If the hot tap is turned ON with the underfloor heating running there is a short sharp noise - a squawk that appears to come from the boiler - probably caused when the diverter valve operates. The boiler has been serviced and the diverter valve motor and the diverter valve have been replaced, but the noise is still there. Other residents seem to have the same problem.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
probably caused when the diverter valve operates. The boiler has been serviced and the diverter valve motor and the diverter valve have been replaced, but the noise is still there.
if the diverter has been changed why do you think its still the diverter ?

I don't, but it is the only thing that moves and changes the direction of flow of the water in the sealed central heating circuit.

I recorded the sound and sent it to the Tech Dept of Worcester Bosch and this is their reply. Does it make sense?

Thank you for the audio file, from this we believe this to be a part called the bearing plate which sits above the fan sticking.

Last edited:
Got a reply from the Tech Dept of Worcester Bosch after sending them a recording of the sound made when the hot tap is turned ON. They are suggesting that it is a bearing plate which sits above the fan, and it is sticking. Does that make sense?

Sponsored Links
you need a gas engineer to sort this problem out , indeed if that is the cause

Does the boiler make a deep rumbling noise? This happened to me once before, I had to get a new Fan Diaphragm, or what Worcester boilers call a 'Bearing Plate'. Make sure to change it soon, because the initial onset of the rumbling and shaking can crack the solder joint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back