Worcester Bosch Hiflow 400 No Central Heating

Nickso, I note in an old posting you even say yourself that the diverter is often at fault!

your low system pressure could well have been the only reason the boiler overheated and that small drip could well be the only leak, you often dont need vast quantities of water to escape to lose a chunk of pressure. im willing to bet now that you have opened the PRV its going to drip too though.

the diverter is able to be dismantled and the innards cleaned which is often the only thing wrong with them but its more often the small pipe that leads to the pump that is blocked and doesnt allow the pump flow to move the diverter to one position or another.

the best people to deal with these beasts really are worcester themselves, they have all the bits in the van and i dont believe the price will be vastly different. they will certainly know a lot more about it that joe plumber will and have far more chance of fixing it first time.

Yes but I didn't jump straight to the DV as the fault after the OP has made some concerns about the controls, as you did. (At least I hope I didn't) :LOL:

Also, i suspect you may have misread the bold highlighted part anyway. When I said that was the only thing wrong with them I clearly meant that the diverter often only needs cleaning out, I did not mean that the diverter is the only thing that ever goes wrong with a Highflow. Anything can, and does, go wrong with a highflow.

Sponsored Links
Well, thanks for the comments guys - I've not got the boiler fixed but I sure as hell have been well entertained whilst I sit here freezing my nuts off!!

I thought that Nickso would have fixed it for you a week ago!

Well if do do want to get it fixed you know what you have to do.

Tony Glazier

Hmmm! Not so sure as I do! I've had the BG boys in to it and they spoke to Worcester-Bosch and by the sounds of it they advised them to change the PCB - I believe that the temperature control for the CH is part of this (not sure if they changed the diverter valve too). But, the problem is still there. So, the BG guy left saying he'll have to consult another engineer and come back on Monday.

Sponsored Links
probably a thermistor/sensor on the heating side. check the manual. sometimes the techie peeps are not quite as good as they should be.(personal experience of them)

Had this exact problem - Changed the diverter valve - £53 as the old one did look full of gunk. Cleaned the small diverter pipe, again this had some debris in there. Assembled everything back together and the heating did seem to work for a little bit of time, but then nothing again.
Left it a few days, and filled a radiator with flushing agent... still nothing.
Took of the coil from the diverter to see if it was being energized by the system when running on heating and yes it was - tested by holding a screwdriver to it and feeling the magnetic pull and then no magnetic pull when the heating was switched off. So this means the diverter value was not being engaged even though the coil was working. So at this point I stripped out the pump and removed the diverter flow pipe again... Only this time I pushed a small star screwdriver up through the connector where the pipe fits into the flow from the heat exchanger and out popped a plug of debris. After fitting back the small diverter pipe and pump, started the system again and hey-presto instant water flow to the radiators and HEATING AGAIN :) - System is working better now than it has for years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back