Worcester Bosch Highflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had worcester bosh highflow for approx 6 yrs - approx every two years I have had to replace the PRV and am on my third autovent. Just about to put third prv on - Is this an indicator of another problem or are these common problems. Pressure always set at 1

Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
Been flushed out with fernox couple of times and inihbitor added over the years.

When originally fitted connected to old existing rads and pipework, since replaced. Cleaned afterwards and fernox

Water clean when drained last time.

In a hard water area though?

As you say pressure always set at 1, is this constant, is it falling and then are you regularly topping up to 1? This will lead to fresh water and oxygen being introduced resulting in scale. Maybe you are just using cheap mats?

Sponsored Links
In boiler terms London is not a particularly hard water area.

In any case its not the hardness in the water causing the problem.

You might have a discharged or failing expansion vessel ( see FAQ ).

The "dirt" which causes these problems is rusty particles from the inside of the rads.

Merely adding chemicals is not necessarily a solution as they have to be used correctly to be effective. Many professionals dont even know how to get the best results.

Tony

From the replies it would look like a system clean and a check of the pressure vessel is in order. I'll pick up those details from faqs as suggested.

Has been a great help as I was thinking there may have been a design flaw/known problem.

Just out of interest are these boilers considered good and what lifespan would you expect. My experience has probally not been good as it was fitted as part of a conversion onto an existing old system and I suspect the whole system was never cleaned out properly originally - lesson learned.

Thanks

Has been a great help as I was thinking there may have been a design flaw/known problem.

suspect the whole system was never cleaned out properly originally - lesson learned.

Thanks

the whole boiler is a design flaw and its a known problem in general, certainly in my top three of the worst boilers ever made.

they tend to do rather badly on dirty systems hence my original question.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back