Worcester Bosch Won’t clean boiler filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Worcester Bosch combi boiler that was under warranty until recently. Subsequently I was getting it serviced by WB directly in the event that if anything was wrong then they would replace any parts etc under the warranty. Normally I am not home when they do the service and a family member let’s the engineer in. However, I was home this time and asked the guy about the filter. The engineer responded by advising that as the filter is not a WB product we don’t touch them. I said so you are telling me it has never been cleaned for 5 years and he said probably not. I have never been advised this before and quite frankly find it ridiculous that when you are getting a boiler service this is something that is not done.

Was going to complain to WB but thought I would ask if this is something that anyone else has any experience or knowledge of first.

Thanks for any input.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have my boiler 'serviced' as part of the boilers insurance cover.
Ten years ago, when the cover started, the combustion chamber would be opened and cleaned, parts would be checked and replaced.
Now, it is a 15 minute visual inspection and a CO test; that's progress for you!

I installed a Magnaclean filter myself, so can understand it not being part of the service (especially as my insurance only covers the boiler and not the C/H).

I'm sure others on here may agree, that the best boiler service will come from an independent, knowledgeable and local RGI! ;)

Hi,

I have a Worcester Bosch combi boiler that was under warranty until recently. Subsequently I was getting it serviced by WB directly in the event that if anything was wrong then they would replace any parts etc under the warranty. Normally I am not home when they do the service and a family member let’s the engineer in. However, I was home this time and asked the guy about the filter. The engineer responded by advising that as the filter is not a WB product we don’t touch them. I said so you are telling me it has never been cleaned for 5 years and he said probably not. I have never been advised this before and quite frankly find it ridiculous that when you are getting a boiler service this is something that is not done.

Was going to complain to WB but thought I would ask if this is something that anyone else has any experience or knowledge of first.

Thanks for any input.
Will sit on the fence on this one,

WB will do what is necessary on their equipment. Third party gear is not their responsibility nor is any item beyond the boiler that is not WB

Independent. One do not even take the cover off the boiler so clearly you will be getting far better service from WB as they will almost certainly be doing what they ask for in their boiler manual. You will get one ( few even) engineers who will go well beyond what the book requires as service is preventative maintenance

Sponsored Links
you are getting the best boiler service by using WB to do it, why would you expect them to service a 3rd party part ? Mag filters are notorious for leaking when you touch them, so you want WB lads to carry spare valves and seals for all the shoite filters on the market ?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back