Retrofitting a Central Heating Filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Forum,

I've had a Worcester-Bosch 35CDi fitted in 2005, annual serviced and been working fine, with one breakdown recently, when the fan/pump was replaced.

Since it was installed no-one has mentioned having a filter fitted, not even the WB engineers doing the annual servicing.

I was thinking to have someone come into the house; probably Spring time and give everything a once over, full clean, rebalancing, inhibitors, etc.

I was wondering if it was worth having a Magnetic Filter retrofitted to the system. Any thoughts?

Regards
Mark

Sponsored Links
Good idea after giving the system a power flush fitting one will trap any bits and stop the boiler from getting blocked but it's a shame one wasn't fitted on installation. Bob

I would wait and see what the system water is like. Well designed, installed and treated heating systems work very well for decades without the need for filters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back