Worcester Bosh Heatslave 20/25 Room Thermostat

Looks like I will be off to B&Q to get a long enough length of cable :)

Sponsored Links
This is how it would end up (feel free to transpose 5 & 6 at the thermostat :))

1.JPG

All set up and seems to be working, thank you for your help Stem.
Can't get the thermostat connected to my phone yet, but apparently that isn't unusual.

Sponsored Links
I am thinking the stat is connecting to my router on the wrong channel, it says it can only use 2.4ghz and not 5ghz, so I am going to have to see if I can work out what IP address it has been assigned and make sure it is on the right channel.
There is also the issue of the stat saying the room temp is 24C, I put it out in the hall, which should never get that warm, I have had to go into the settings and take the temperature differential down as much as it will let me, -5C, but will need to get a thermometer to determine the exact temp.
With that and being unable to connect to it, I am wondering if the unit is faulty, so I have emailed the seller.

Failing that, I will just get a more expensive and hopefully better one, now that I have all the wiring in place.

There seem to be quite a few of these thermostats appearing recently, they come under different names but look exactly the same. Some folks seem to get them working straight away, but others have a similar experiences to you. If you are touching it a lot, maybe that's why it's reading 24 degrees. I'm not very au fait with software set ups, but I would have thought it would find the correct frequency itself, and if a suitable one wasn't available would say so.

The wiring instructions are a bit unusual too, the wiring terminal marked 'open' is provided for operating the motor of a motorised valve for systems that have them, but is often used to control a boiler directly. However as you mentioned, yours has the specific instruction not to do this. So, I guess the thermostats internal method of working is different to the other similar brands.

If you do get it working, please post back because it might help someone else who comes along later and has a similar issue. The same if you don't manage to resolve it in that case, they might avoid getting one themselves.

While looking on the internet earlier to try and resolve the connectivity, to no avail, I did see there were three or four different brand names with the same stat as I have, probably bulk manufactured somewhere and branded dependant on order.

When I popped the front off, the rear of the unit did feel warm, which isn't surprising seeing as that is where all the electrical stuff happens, maybe that is what is causing the stat to think the air is hotter than it actually is.
As you say though, fiddling with it probably didn't help and it might take a day or so to settle in.

Routers have two channels, 2.4ghz and 5ghz, 2.4 is slower but has long range, 5 is faster with a short range, when you connect via Wifi the equipment connecting typically picks up on the strongest signal, so in my thinking, with the router being in the front room and the stat being in the hall, it should pick up the 2.4ghz, but I will need to disconnect known devices to determine if the stat has picked up the correct channel.

I will keep this thread updated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back