Worcester combi boiler. Adding a room stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a combi boiler in my new house (worcester), older type, non condensing - and it has no room stat. Just an older programmer in the kitchen. Boiler is in bathroom airing cupboard upstairs, directly above.

Is it easy to add a room stat, and if so, is a wireless type better?

Whats the difference between a digi (digital) room stat and a normal type? Any advantages?

I would like to have one as it is more efficient and also it will mean less boiler cycling.

Any help on this please ?

Sponsored Links
Is it easy to add a room stat, and if so, is a wireless type better?
Yes and, in your case, also yes, as you then do not have to run a cable from the boiler to the thermostat location. It might be worth spending a little extra and getting a programmable thermostat - then you can ditch the old programmer and have something which is more flexible.

I have a combi boiler in my new house (worcester), older type, non condensing
Which exact model WB boiler?

What's the difference between a digi (digital) room stat and a normal type? Any advantages?
The digital stats are better as they have a much smaller spread between ON and OFF (typically ±0.5°C). Mechanical stats have a spread of ±2.0°C, which is noticeable.

Siemens rev24rf is the dog's whatsits.
Easy to install, easy to program, and if you want to make it really precise, you can get all sorts of small adjustments.
I have used several on worcesters and everybody is happy with them.

Sponsored Links
i like the siemens,fitted 6 or 7 on a bunch of new builds and only had to go back to 1.Some people just cant grasp the fact stats show the current room temp and think they are turning it down and it is jumping back on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back