worcester DT20 programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is the programmer that is non rf (costs about £45 and plugs into the greenstar boiler). Is it possible to wire a thermostat to it?

Has anyone done it?

Sponsored Links
You need the boiler manual - most boilers have a place to connect the thermostat - usually there is a wire link between the terminals that you have to remove (the link)

Does this mean I could just wire a thermostat direct then? Without the need for any kind of programmer/timer?

I have a worcester Greenstar 30si

Yes - As the hot water dosn't need a timer , you can controll the heating how you like.
1 Timer in the boiler with thermostatic valves only.
2 Timer in the boiler with an ordinary room thermostat
or
3 Programmable thermostat where the thermostat dose both timimng and temp control. Ususlly if your boiler already has a timer you put it to "always on" and use a programmable thermostat. This allows you to have different temperatures at different times of the day etc.

Simple thermostat only is not recommended - you do need a time control somewhere in the system.

Sponsored Links
Great, thanks for your help!

I originally thought that I could buy a plug in time clock (worcester one) and then wire the stat into that but looks more like the thermostat connects direct to the boiler in addition to the time clock.

So the thermostat wired direct would work but the control over the system would only be temperature and i wouldn't be able to time it on or off if i don't use a timer/programmer.

Thanks for your advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back